Monday, April 11, 2011

NO, WE DON'T WANT TO BE FRIENDS!

  
Biggs and I were out for a late night walk.  It was about 11:30pm and no one should have been outside.  Should have, being the operative words.  We took the elevator down to the basement for the service exits and there are two people trying to get on before we got off.  Biggs' loud bark had them backing off real fast.

We exit and Biggy does his business.  I figure to cross the street for the nearest garbage can, but that plan is nixed when I spy a guy walking his big dog.  I'm not sure of the breed; maybe a huge golden retriever?  Anyway, we don't cross and I'm walking Biggs down the sidewalk when Lorathio decides to cross to our side and make friends.

Are you crazy?, I asked.  Hanging on for dear life with a squirming and barking 90 pound dog.

Doesn't he like other dogs? he countered.

No, I shouted at both the moron and at Biggs, who was still pulling and struggling to get to the other dog.  I tightened my two-fisted grip. 

You can't control him?, the moron asked.

Well, Duh!

Moron took his friendly overtures and golden dog back across the street.

Biggs tried to get to the other side of the street but I pulled and said no, and heel.  Luckily, he calmed down and we were able to continue our walk.  Although, I cut it short to be on the safe side.

Note to Moron trying to make friends, don't.  
   
  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment