Sunday, May 8, 2011

RIGHT OF WAY

The one with the biggest dog wins...or at least, gets a clear path.

But what happens when two big dogs want the same path?  It's a matter of courtesy.  Whomever gets there first gets the right of way.

Today I was walking Biggs by the school, as we do every morning.  Half way down, I noticed a man about to cross the street toward us.  He must have been dreaming-- or he didn't care-- because he made straight for us.  (Bold, wasn't he?)

Biggs had done his business so I crossed the street.  Didn't want to get into any tug of war with Biggs.  (He still has trouble with strangers.)

Half way up the block, on the other side of the street, I noticed a man and his big dog about to cross to the school side.  Luckily, Biggs and I had already done that walk so the big dog had a clear path, because the last thing I need in the break of dawn (5:25am) is a bark fest.

No comments:

Post a Comment