Thursday, March 3, 2011

LEASH YOUR DOG. IT'S THE LAW

 
Duh!  Is leashing your dog such a hardship?

It's for the safety of the dog, the owner and the neighbors.

There is a jerk who lives in the building next to mine.  We used to have the same dog walking schedule -- 5:30am.  It's a great time to walk a dog.  Less people around, less trouble, except for this jerk and his dog.

The dog is a cute Collie without a leash.  Arrgh!!  I called him on this twice. He was very non-chalant and assured me that his dog was friendly.  Then he got a look at Biggs' size.  The jerked picked up his dog pronto, hugged it to his chest and turned sideways as Biggs and I passed him on the sidewalk.

Biggs was straining at his leash to get better acquainted with the Collie.  No way, baby.  I did not want any trouble from either dog.

Even with two encounters between us, the jerk still walks his Collie without a leash.  So now, I get up at 4:30am and am out walking Biggs by 5:00am.  I take a different route, which actually is more fun for Biggs.

Better safe than sorry.  And, better not to see the jerk again and resist the urge to talk a leash to his ass.

Wish I could write him a ticket!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment